The Cooperative Logistics Network is a capped, non-exclusive alliance of hand-picked freight forwarders in each major air/seaport who co-operate in a financially secure environment to reduce costs and risks and grow their businesses by actively working together to compete against the largest multinationals.
The Coop does not believe in claiming a membership fee and not offering its members benefits in return. As a member of The Coop you can expect to receive the following benefits:
The Cooperative has superior resources in terms of size and reach than some of the largest multinationals: 295+ Agents · 125+ Countries · 16900+ Employees. Check our Network Directory here.
This way, our members are able to work co-operatively to serve clients globally, wherever in the world they need to send a shipment.
- High standards: Only the most solvent, reputable and creditworthy agents are accepted as members through a strict selection process.
- Limited numbers of agents: We restrain the number of agents per sea/airport to 3 with the exception of extremely busy territories like Shanghai, New York, London, etc. where the maximum is 5 members.
Transport Management Software
FreightViewer is a transport management software powered by The Cooperative which allows members to quote for customers and agents 24/7 within less than 30 seconds.
- Lower rates from carriers and insurers. As the network starts to reach a critical number of members, their cumulative volume will be used to negotiate lower rates from airlines, shipping lines and insurers.
- Bid for the largest contracts. You will no longer face the disappointment of being unable to tender for the largest contracts, as you will be backed by a global brand and a network of quality partners, giving you the confidence that you will be able to fulfil your commitments.
- Faster Quote Response Time
There is simply no better generator of new business than the power of co-operation. As a member of the network, you are in a strong position to secure new business by exchanging shipments with other members in different locations.
The Coop’s annual meetings are, without a doubt, the biggest benefit you can take advantage of as a member, which is why attendance at the meeting is mandatory. It is the time when you can promote your business on an international platform, do deals, and forge lasting relationships.
The Coop provides the members with the peace of mind to cooperate in complete security, not only by a strict selection process but also by closely monitoring the members’ performance to ensure prompt detection of any problems such as the late payment of another member’s invoice. Additionally, The Coop offers members to avail an optional service called Payment Protection Plan (PPP), which protects all members against any losses incurred due to bankruptcy and insolvency.
Great services that help you deliver the best for your customers:
- Cargo Tracking System: This is a unique software for our website which connects with the websites of 114 shipping lines and 183airlines, collating all the information in one place, without the need to visit each carrier’s sites.
- Carrier Schedules: The Coop website links you and the world to the Sailing Schedules of 125 shipping lines in real-time.
- Stuffing Calculator: This tool is here to help you optimize the space inside trucks and containers. It is quick and simple to use! Just follow the step by step process for entering the cargo.
Marketing and PR
Membership of The Coop allows you to promote your firm within the network and outside through:
- Members News: At The Cooperative we offer our members the opportunity to be part of our Friday News Section which can increase awareness of your brand, and loyalty, among members
- Newsletters: The Coop Quarterly Newsletter provides a summary of member news from the previous quarter and informs members of any network news, such as announcing the location of the next annual meeting.
- Social Media: It is very important to be on social media when you have a story to tell. The benefits of social media are clear, and in order to connect with our members, build closer relationships and increase the reach of your company, you need to be a part of it.
Additionally, we also strive to promote our freight forwarding community and strengthen it through:
- Press releases: Important news from the Network in which members can get to know about the relevant news from their partners
- Blog: Engaging weekly posts relevant to our business to provide you with the latest and most useful tips, statistics, reports, analysis, and articles about ways to make your company grow.
Also, we offer members some customizable marketing materials with The Coop logo, that will help you to overcome the client perception that independent forwarders are not equipped to provide a truly worldwide service:
- Member Brochure
- Powerpoint Presentation
- Video Presentation